Asia Pacific Flight Training Academy Limited (APFTAL) is a DGCA approved Flight Training Organization (FTO), based at Rajiv Gandhi International Airport (RGIA) and has been established to provide World-Class Pilot training to aspiring Cadets. Our Vision is to produce the best well rounded aviation professionals with the highest standards of integrity, safety, discipline and professionalism.
Factors to consider for choosing a FTO (Flight Training Organisation)
Choosing a place of learning is always a critical choice, Especially, if it is a Technical course and one might not have much knowledge about the same. Hence, we have listed below the most critical, but simple factors for choosing an FTO, which is easy to assess for everyone.
- Safety is always our First Priority.
- We have successfully logged 18,165 hours of Accident-free flying hours till date.
- We are proud to have a 97% placement record for our students. Our students have been absorbed in all the Indian airlines, with some selected and serving in Foreign carriers.
- We are proud to have major Indian Airline conduct Campus placements for our Cadets.
APFTAL has fleet of Diamond DA40 Single Engine and DA42 Multi Engine Aircraft. Diamond Aircraft are recognized as the most highly advanced Training Aircraft in the world.
- Semi-Monocoque Airframe made of advanced Composites (Carbon fiber, similar to Boeing 787 Dreamliner): Low weight, Low inertia and improved Climb rate and Cruise performance.
- Digital Glass Cockpit Garmin G1000 Avionics suite.: State of the Art, best in class New Generation Avionics.
- Continental (Mercedes) Powerplants.: Powered by ATF (Aviation Turbine Fuel) burning, highly advanced Turbodiesel engines: Smooth Takeoff & Landing, Extra Power, Reduced vibrations and wear and tear.
- FADEC (Full Authority Digital Engine Control System).: Our fleet has a unique safety feature, available mostly in Modern Commercial and Private Jets. APFTAL introduced this for the first time in Training Aircraft in India.
- Our Multi engine DA42 aircraft is also equipped with Autopilot system.: The experience of operating such an advanced system gives the Cadet Pilot the exposure and knowledge which helps in smooth transition to similar state of the art systems on advanced Commercial & General Aviation Aircraft.
- Ideal Aircraft to Flying Instructor to Trainee Ratio is 1:1:10. At APFT, the ratio is 1:1:8.25.: We endeavor to keep the Ratio low to ensure our Cadets get the best One-on One training and exposure from one of the most experienced Flight Instructor team in the country and the Region!
- Highly qualified Instructors drawn from diverse backgrounds of Armed forces, International and Domestic exposure: Our Flight Instructors have an average experience of over ~3200 Instructional Hours per Instructor. This a very high industry ratio. (E.g to attain Command of a Commercial Airline, a pilot requires approx. 2500 Hrs.)
- We operate out of a Controlled robust International Airspace, manned by professional Air Navigational Services (ANS) controllers: This exposes our students to a highly professional environment enabling them to transition with ease from a Cadet Pilot to a Licensed Professional Pilot.
- Besides the high standards of training imparted, the students are exposed to an ideal environment to enable them to transition from Cadet Pilots to Licensed Professional Pilots, to fly in a Commercial Airline.
At APFT we ensure that each part of the flying curriculum, is done strictly in accordance with the laid down regulatory norms and each hour is logged correctly, and the Solo flights are done genuinely by the Cadets themselves after they achieve full proficiency, individually.
- 100% adherence to all Legal norms
- 100% logging of hours
- 100% Genuine SOLO flights.